Monday, August 27, 2012

2. Public enfluence

"I have been studying the what marketers, politicians, religious leaders and coercive forces of all kinds influence everyday decisions." this is the quote from the article that really got me thinking I had never considered that decisions could be influenced by what "they say." Being a strong willed very opinionated person I be leaved my decisions and opinions where things I changed as a developed on my own. After reading the article I started to ponder what influences me, friends, family, my husband, The media, but what kind of things are we not aware of that influence us? "It's not always easy to determine when we have surrendered our judgment to someone else. The better and more sophisticated the manipulation, the less aware of it we are." I tried to think when could I have been talked into changing my mind about something without being aware of surrendering my opinion. I came to the realization that it happens all the time, for example last week me and my Husband where shopping for a new computer, and the sails man was describing different programs and things we could get with out new computer, But they way he said it made it sound like these where all things we had to have if we wanted our computer to last a long time, expensive virus protection, cooling pads, 24 hour calling with best buy. We ended up buying a few of his suggestions thinking at the time we needed all of them. A few hours after we left we realized we had been sweet talked into something. After reading this article It really changed my opinion of when The media and sails employees are using there knowledge to influence you. I realized I'm unknowingly Influenced everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment